Create a date field to track when contact information was updated last, or other date records
Volgistics does not automatically keep a date record of when a volunteer’s contact information was updated last. However, you can use the spare fields on the Profile tab of volunteer records to customize a field for doing this. System Operators can use this field to note the date they updated a record. And, if you use VicNet, this field can be included so volunteers and Coordinators can note when contact information was updated last. Of course, the date field can be used for any other purpose you need also.
When dates are stored like this, you will be able to create a Set to identify volunteer records that were updated during a time period you choose. Here is how to create a custom date field:
1. Select Setup from the Menu. If you do not see the Setup option, please see the Tip of the Week for May 28, 2012.
2. Expand the “Field options” link.
3. Select “Profile tab (for volunteers).”
4. Select the first “Spare field” that has “(Hidden)” behind it.
5. Change the “Field format” to Date, give your field a name, and change the “Hidden” setting to No.
6. Click the Save button.