Create a date field to track when contact information was updated last, or other date records.
Volgistics does not automatically keep a date record to indicate when a volunteer’s profile or contact information was last updated. However, you can use the spare fields on the Profile tab of volunteer records to create a custom field for tracking this information. Here is how to create a custom date field:
- Select Setup from the Menu.
- Expand the “Field options” link.
- Select “Profile tab (for volunteers).”
- Select the first “Spare field” that has “(Hidden)” behind it.
- Change the “Field format” to Date, give your field a name, and change the “Hidden” setting to No.
- Click the Save button.
When dates are stored like this you will be able to create a Set to identify volunteer records that were updated during a specific time period. System Operators will be able to use this field to note the date they updated a record, and through VicNet this field can allow volunteers and Coordinators can note when they updated the contact information last.